Winner of the Spiel des Jahres (Game of the Year) for 2004.
October 2, 1900 - 28 years to the day that noted London eccentric, Phileas Fogg accepted and then won a £20,000 bet that he could travel "Around the World in 80 Days". Now at the dawn of the century it was time for a new "impossible journey". Some old friends have gathered to celebrate Fogg's impetuous and lucrative gamble - and to propose a new wager of their own.
The stakes: $1 Million in a winner-takes-all competition. The objective: to see which of them can travel by rail to the most cities in North America - in just 7 days. The journey begins immediately...
Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure where players collect cards of various types of train cars that enable them to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America.
Note: This is the new "Spiel des Jahres" reprint. This version has the following enhancements
- Enhancements for color-blind players:
- The board now features the corresponding colored cards' symbols embossed on each track. Color-blind players can now confidently play the game without the need to double check a track's color!
- The color of some train cards has been slightly adjusted to match the corresponding track color more closely. Likewise some of the cards' corner symbols have been modified. The card borders are now white rather than black, making any wear resulting from heavy play less noticeable.
- For the less mathematically inclined among you, the scoring track now goes to 100 instead of 80. Scorekeeping above 100 points is now a snap!
- 1 board map of North American train routes
- 240 colored train cars
- 110 train car cards
- 30 destination tickets
- 1 summary card
- 5 wooden scoring markers
- 1 rules booklet
- 1 Days of Wonder web online access number